Intended Learning Outcomes of the WIE Component
On completing the WIE component, the students will:
- achieve goals or tasks as specified by the employer in a working environment;
- be able to analyze, evaluate, synthesize and propose solutions to problems of a general nature
- be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with others;
- possess a global outlook (for an overseas placement) or deepen the understanding of Mainland (for placement in Mainland); and
- become experienced in adapting to real working environment.
Structure of the WIE Component
For the Applied Physics department, a WIE component would carry 1 training credit which is roughly equivalent to 30 working hours.
A student is required to accrue at least one WIE training credit before graduation. The component is not counted towards GPA calculation nor award classification.